At Fanzineverkstaden, you have access to a space and equipment to experiment with different ways of making cartoons. As an independent cartoonist you work outside the established norms of publishing. You do not need to be a professional or have a formal education to use Fanzineverkstaden, instead you can learn and practise those things which you have not already mastered there. Fanzineverkstaden also holds a variety of workshops where you can learn different printing techniques, bookbinding, screen printing, font creation, etc.
Fanzineverkstaden is run by Tusen Serier with the support of Arvsfonden, in collaboration with CBK, Malmö Universitet, Serieskolan, Bryggeriets Gymnasium, Mötesplatsserier, Underlandet, Amalthea, Hybriden och Konstkupan. Fanzineverkstaden is located at Ahlmansgatan 11a i Malmö.
As a member of Fanzineverkstaden you’ll get access to:
- Computers with Ps/Id/Ai/An
- A4 scanner
- A3 scanner
- Ricoh multifunctional printer (printer, scanner, copier)
- Epson Large Format Printer
- Wacom Intuos drawing tablets
- Wacom Cintiq pen display
- iPad Pro
- Linoprinting tools
- Bookbinding tools, including bookbinding glue
- Roll press
- Electric cutting machine
- Manual cutting machine (130cm)
- Book press for fanzines
- Screenprinting equipment, inkluding drying cabinet and washout booth
To undertake your own work at Fanzineverstaden, you need to be a member, which is currently set at a cost of 500 kronor per year.